Officer Character & Personality Traits
We can teach you skills after you get hired. After all, that’s the entire purpose of a police academy. Because of that, our biggest considerations in the hiring process are character and talent, not skills. We’ve identified some traits that great Lincoln Police Officers have in common:
- Integrity – They understand and adhere to what’s right.
- Team Player – They can work as part of a cohesive team, and can prioritize group needs over individual needs.
- Drive – They have a desire to grow and push themselves, a willingness to take appropriate risks, and they seek out new challenges.
- Humility – They’re confident in their abilities, but understand they have more to learn and are willing to admit mistakes or ask for help.
- Effective Intelligence – They can apply their knowledge to real world scenarios and problem solve in a timely manner.
- Emotional Strength – They have a positive attitude, high empathy, and are able to appropriately regulate their emotions under stress.
- Adaptability – They’re able to adjust to the situation, learn new things, and try new methods.
- Resiliency – They bounce back quickly from setbacks and persevere in the face of challenges.
- Curiosity – They want to learn new things and find better ways to solve problems and work more effectively.
In turn, our best applicants are able to show us these same traits throughout the hiring process.